Guidelines - as of July 8, 2021
1. To attend a class in-person you must be at least two weeks past your full vaccination date.
2. If you are not vaccinated yet, you are welcome to attend a class via zoom.
3. Masks are required inside the building common spaces, entry, corridor & restrooms.
4. Once you are set up at your practice space with all your props gathered you may take off your mask.
5. We have space to set up 6 feet apart, and will be practicing social distancing during class.
6. If you would rather not have physical touch or adjustments, please let the teacher know.
7. Please bring your own mat. We will be using the other props with frequent cleaning and other precautions.
8. We’ll keep a limit of 15 people in each studio including the teacher.
The Yoga Room is a place where we open our hips, shoulders, and chests, where we cultivate and share the light within each of us. Now is the time to prop up the place that holds us.
It costs about $10,000 a month to keep The Yoga Room open. Every effort is being made to secure loans and grants available to small businesses, but we know this will not be enough.
That’s why we’re asking you to help us raise $20,000 to build a collective bridge to The Yoga Room’s future. You can make your gift in two ways:
• On PayPal
- Go to www.paypal.com and log in to your account.
If you don’t have an account you will need to create one to make a credit card gift.
- Click on the SEND icon, and then enter email@example.com
- Enter the amount of your gift on the next screen and follow the instruction
• With a check
- payable to The Yoga Room, at 2530 San Pablo Avenue, Suite D, Berkeley, CA 94702
Wishing you peace and health,
Laura McCrea, Tina Kauffman, Elizabeth and Larry Strain, Elizabeth Costello, Bonnie Maeda, Rebecca Rohrkaste, Jackie Leventhal, Valerie Gutworth, Dorinda Nyberg, Margie Cohea, Maya Woodson-Turman
Memorial Day Weekend Intensive
with Debbie Gilman and Gay White
Saturday & Sunday, May 23-24 | $220
9am–12noon & 2–4pm
This late spring intensive will offer a reflective two-day practice embracing the joy of moving into backbends and twists while also nurturing a deep sense of stillness through pranayama and restorative yoga. In the morning classes we will focus on active practices for dynamic work and the afternoons will be devoted to relaxing and going deeper into breathing and relaxation.
Debbie Gilman, M.A., ERYT 500, has been teaching yoga since 1998. She graduated from and now teaches for the Yoga Room's Advanced Studies Program and is a student of Donald Moyer. She is also on the faculty of the teacher training program at Downtown Yoga in Pleasanton. Debbie has rich experience in yoga therapeutics having taught one-on-one yoga-based rehabilitation at Innate Chiropractic & Wellness Studio in Albany and healing yoga at the Women's Cancer Resource Center in Oakland for many years. Debbie has a BA from Stanford and an MA from Harvard.
Gay White is Director of The Yoga Room and Co-Director of The Yoga Room's Advanced Studies Program. She has studied asana and pranayama from Donald Moyer since 1991 and at the Iyengar Institute in Pune, India. Gay's classes and workshops are dedicated to alignment and awareness in a safe and creative mixed-level learning community, and she leads yoga retreats and intensives locally and around the country.