– WELCOME –
Since its founding in 1978 by Donald Moyer, The Yoga Room has made yoga available to people of all ages and abilities. As a multi-generational community, we are concerned with encouraging proper alignment in the poses and helping students maintain a balance between strength and flexibility. With our emphasis on personalized practice, we offer alternatives for almost anyone — from children and the elderly, to those dealing with health issues and disabilities, to those who want a truly deep and challenging experience.
Guidelines - as of July 8, 2021
1. To attend a class in-person you must be at least two weeks past your full vaccination date.
2. If you are not vaccinated yet, you are welcome to attend a class via zoom.
3. Masks are required inside the building common spaces, entry, corridor & restrooms.
4. Once you are set up at your practice space with all your props gathered you may take off your mask.
5. We have space to set up 6 feet apart, and will be practicing social distancing during class.
6. If you would rather not have physical touch or adjustments, please let the teacher know.
7. Please bring your own mat. We will be using the other props with frequent cleaning and other precautions.
8. We’ll keep a limit of 15 people in each studio including the teacher.
– LOCATION –
2530 San Pablo Avenue, Suite D
Berkeley, CA 94702
The Yoga Room is in the vicinity of San Pablo Avenue and Dwight Way,
sharing the building with the Ecology Center and Sierra Club's East Bay Chapter.
Enter the lobby of 2530 San Pablo and proceed down the hallway to the door marked Suite D, The Yoga Room. Parking is available on San Pablo, Blake Street, or Tenth.